I was born and brought up in diverse and multicultural country of India and currently live in the beautiful Bay Area, California. As a kid, I grew up listening to folk stories and always enjoyed watching classical animated cartoons and exploring art of colorful Indian culture. My curiosity for the art and hunger to learn more about it lead me to the journey of studying Master’s in Visual Arts with Illustration as major from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat, India in year 2009. After finishing my masters, I worked for full-time at major studios like Vama Communication(Ahmedabad), Maya Digital Studios(Mumbai) and Varmora Infotech (Ahmedabad). When I entered into motherhood in 2013, I shifted my career on work from home module, which helped me to grow as an artist providing my skills for freelance projects along with taking care and having fun with my kid.
I love to Background Designing and Painting environments for animation and gaming industry. The most enjoyable experience for me is to paint color and light, color keys and color scripts. I also enjoy illustrating for children’s books in kidlit publishing industry. My goal as an artist is to design and create marvelous background images and concept art for film-tv-gaming industry. Apart from all these I am a passionate en plein air painter whom you will see painting outdoors very often, be it any season and time.
When I am not pursuing art for my living you would find me attending art workshops, hiking in woods, traveling around for various life experiences and evangelizing art to bring out the creativity in everyone.
- Art Instructor at Bottle and Bottega Redwood City, California, USA. 2018-till date.
- Freelance Illustrator and Artist Bay Area, California, USA. 2018-till date.
- Freelance Illustrator for intelly jelly Children’s Magazine Prerna Publications. 2015 – 2016.
- Freelance Illustrator for 2 months project at IDS department, NID, Ahmedabad. June-July, 2016.
- Pre-Production Lecturer at Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics at Ahmedabad, February-March, 2016.
- Pre-Production Head and Trainer at Varmora Infotech Pvt. Ltd. Ahmedabad. March-April, 2014.
- Sr. Illustrator & 2D Head at Arvaan Techno-Lab Pvt. Ltd. Ahmedabad. December to February, 2014.
- Storyboarding Artist in Pre-Production Department at Maya Digital Studios Pvt. Ltd. Film City, Goregaon(E), Mumbai. 21st January to 21st March, 2013
- Sr. Illustrator, Comic Artist and Colorist (Digital + Traditional) at Vama Communications – Vama Toonz, Ahmedabad. 8th July, 2010 to 31st October, 2012.
- Freelance artist and Illustrator with Magnetic Minds– Ahmedabad from 2009 – 2010.
- Pre-Production Lecturer at Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics at Baroda, May-June, 2010.
- Internship Pre-production department at 2NZ Animation Studio, Climb Media Ltd. Bandra (w), Mumbai May-June, 2008.
Exhibition, Collection and Awards
- Art and Illustration exhibition at Evergreen community center, San Jose, Ca, USA. 2018.
- Group show of Gouache paintings with Gujarat Visual Women Artist Association on Women’s Day Celebration, 2017.
- Group show of Watercolor paintings on theme ‘Ganesha’ with Gujarat Visual Women Artist Association September, 2016.
- Group Show of Gouache Landscape paintings with Gujarat Visual Women Artist Association on Women’s Day Celebration, 2016.
- International Group Show of Watercolor painting on theme Nature as Art, Art as Awareness with Customs House Museum, TX, USA July, 2015.
- Group show & Artist Stall at Suart, Gujarat, India in January 2014.
- Two paintings Acrylics on Canvas are in collection of Charu Castle Foundation, 2014.
- National 1st Prize in Graffiti (Canvas Painting), Alcharinga -The Annual Cultural Festival, IIT Guwahati, Assam. 2008.
- Shushila Memorial Trust Consolation Prize for Portrait Competition, I.S. Collage of Fine Arts,V. V. Nagar, Anand. 2007.
- Award for Foundation First, I. S. College of Fine Arts, V. V. Nagar, Anand. 2004.